The Wyoming name change process:
- Get your Wyoming proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the Wyoming DPS for your Wyoming driver’s license name change;
- You may update your Wyoming voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update Wyoming banks, Wyoming utilities, and others here.
Try our Wyoming Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the Wyoming name change process:
1. Wyoming Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
Wyoming Marriage Certificate, Wyoming Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
In Washington, the Department of Health, Office of Vital Records maintains copies of birth certificates. You may request copies for $8.00 for Certified Birth, Marriage Certificates and Divorce Decrees.
Mail your request, along with the $8.00 fee. Make out your personal check or money order payable to the Vital Statistics Services.
Include the following with your request:
- a photo copy of your government issued ID, such as your state ID, driver’s license or U.S. Passport; and
- the fee.
Mail it to:
Vital Statistics Services
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Certified copies of Marriage Certificates are also generally available in Wyoming by contacting the county clerk in the county where it was issued.
Divorce Decrees in Wyoming can also be obtained by contacting the Clerk of Court where the divorce was issued.
SOURCES – Check the Wyoming State Vital Statistics Services website for further information; or contact them directly by phone at (307) 777-7591.
2. Social Security Name Change
3. Wyoming Driver’s License Name Change
Wyoming Driver’s License Name Change
In Wyoming you must notify the Department of Transportation of your name change within 10 days of the change.
To change your name on your Wyoming driver’s license or state issued ID card go in person to your local WY DOT with:
- a completed form (can be obtained from your WY DOT);
- bring an original or certified Wyoming legal name change document;
- bring your current Wyoming ID card or driver’s license; and
- pay the fee of $15 (or $10 for the ID card).
Wyoming Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the specific instructions at this time. Generally, you must bring the same documents listed above plus:
- complete an additional form, or transfer the title to your new name in a manner similar to when you sell the vehicle (i.e., put your new name in the Seller fields of the title documents); and
- pay a duplicate title and/or registration fee.
Note that not all states require that you change your name on your driver’s license and ID card, so you please check with your local WY DOT office to ensure you must actually do this.
Moving? In Wyoming you must notify the DOT within 10 days. If the move is taking place around the same time as your name change, you should deal with it while you are at the DOT to ensure your driver’s license or ID card reflect your new address.
If the move is happening later or at a different time, note that you aren’t required to make the change, just notify the DOT, which you can online here.
Also, Make sure to see our moving links below in Step 4 to update the IRS, USPS and others!
4. Wyoming Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
Wyoming Voter Registration Name Change
Get your Voter Registration name change information. You may be able to do it online!