Arkansas Name Change Online and Free

The Arkansas name change process:

  1. Get your Arkansas proof of name change document;
  2. Update the SSA;
  3. Visit the Arkansas DPS for your Arkansas driver’s license name change;
  4. You may update your Arkansas voter registrationpassport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
  5. Update Arkansas banks, Arkansas utilities, and others here.

Try our Arkansas Name Change Online Tool for Free

Online Name Change for Free

Read about the Arkansas name change process:

1. Arkansas Legal Proof of Name Change Documents

Get your proof of Arkansas Name Change Document, Marriage Certificate or Divorce Decree proving your name change.

Arkansas Marriage Certificate, Arkansas Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates

To get an Arkansas marriage certificate, divorce decree or birth certificate:

  1. Complete the FORM;
  2. Mailor submit in-person;
    1. Mail your form and fee to:
      • Arkansas Department of Health
        Vital Records Section, Slot 44
        4815 West Markham Street
        Little Rock, AR 72205
    2. In-person: Take your form and fee to ANY county health department in Arizona. Map of Arizona Health Departments.
  3. Fees: $12 for first certified copy and $10 for each additional copy with a personal check or money order payable to Arkansas Department of Health.
  4. You must bring a photo ID;
  5. Verify information at (501) 661-2336

Get a legal name change through court order.

2. Social Security Name Change

Social Security Name Change

3. Arkansas Driver’s License Name Change

DMV Name Change, Registration and Title

Arkansas Driver’s License Name Change

To change your name on your Arkansas driver’s license, go to your local Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration with:

  1. You current Arkansas driver’s license;
  2. Arkansas original or certified copy of you legal proof of name change; and
  3. Proof of your identity (1 document from primary list or 2 from the secondary list); and
  4. $10 fee (driver’s license) or $5 (ID card).

Primary List

  • U.S. Passport/U.S. Passport Card
  • U.S. Birth Certificate of Birth/Birth Abroad (US only) (No Birth Cards Accepted) Must be original or certified copy, have a raised seal and be issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics or State Board of Health.
  • Photo Document from DHS -(Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services) (No Border Crossing Cards)- Must Verify through Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (S.A.V.E)
  • U.S. Visa with Valid Foreign Passport- appropriate INS document is also required-Must verify through S.A.V.E
  • Employment Authorization Card -Must verify through S.A.V.E
  • Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Documents, as follows:
    Certificate of Naturalization (N-550, N-570, or N-578).
    Certificate of Citizenship (N-560, N-561, or N-645).
    Resident Alien Card/Permanent Resident Card (I-151, I-551, AR-3, AR-3A, or AR-103).

Secondary List


  • Out of State Driver’s License (If NCL are expired more than 31 days must see Arkansas State Police for testing, CDL up to 1 year)
  • Out of State ID (If ID is expired more than 31 days customer must bring in One (1) Primary Document and one (1) Secondary Document or two (2) Primary Documents.
    Photo Work/School ID
  • Concealed Handgun License
  • Pilot’s License
  • Vehicle Registration/Title
  • Certified School Record/Transcript/ Home School Notice of Intent Form
  • Prison Release Document/Sentencing Order
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs Card/Indian Treaty Card (Tribal ID Card is NOT acceptable)
    Military ID/ Military Dependent w /photo.
  • Court Order (must be sealed)
  • Armed Forces Discharge Papers (DD214).
  • Health Insurance Card (Issued by Insurance Company) Medicare/Medicaid are accepted & AR Kids up to age 19.
  • Tax Document received from IRS
  • Marriage Certificate/License
  • Parent Affidavit (Parent/guardian must appear in person, prove his/her identity regarding the child’s identity).

Arkansas Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change

Visit your local Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration office with (1) proof of your name change; (2) current Arkansas title and/or Arkansas registration; (3) proof of ID (see the Arkansas document list); and (4) $10 duplicate title fee.

Contact the Arkansas Department of Finance for further information here.

4. Arkansas Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes

Arkansas name change on voter registration

Arkansas Voter Registration Name Change

Register using this government form.

Moving? IRS and USPS Name Change forms and information.

Traveling? Passport Name Change forms and information.

 5. Telling Everyone Else about your Name Change

Change your name with Arkansas banks, credit cards and everyone else.