The New Hampshire name change process:
- Get your New Hampshire proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the New Hampshire DPS for your New Hampshire driver’s license name change;
- You may update your New Hampshire voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update New Hampshire banks, New Hampshire utilities, and others here.
Try our New Hampshire Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the New Hampshire name change process:
1. New Hampshire Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
New Hampshire Marriage Certificate, New Hampshire Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
New Hampshire Birth Certificate
To obtain a birth certificate you may contact the New Hampshire Department of Health, Vital Records office. It will cost $15.00 per copy and $10.00 for each additional copy.
Mail in your required documents to the following address:
Division of Vital Records Administration
71 South Fruit Street
Concord, NH 03301-2410
You can send in a personal check or money order made out to the Treasurer, State of New Hampshire. Make certain to provide a copy of your GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID with the request.
Visit the New Hampshire Department of Health website here for further details or questions.
Certified copies of New Hampshire Marriage Certificates may be obtained through the county clerk’s office where your marriage license was issued.
For certified copies of a New Hampshire divorce certificate/decree, visit or contact the court clerk that issued the divorce and request a certified copy.
2. Social Security Name Change
3. New Hampshire Driver’s License Name Change
New Hampshire Driver’s License Name Change
Make sure to update the New Hampshire DMV within 10 days of changing your name.
To do so, visit in person to your local DMV with the following:
- a completed application form (Form DSMV 30);
- your New Hampshire certified or original legal name change document; and
- your current New Hampshire driver’s license or ID card.
New Hampshire Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Don’t forget to also change your name on your vehicle’s title and registration while you’re at the DMV. Since you have to go in person in makes sense to get it all done at once.
Bring the same documents listed above along with:
- a completed Form TDMV 23A (these may only be obtained in person);
- current certificate of title and registration;
- a written note explaining why you’re making the change; and
- the fee of $25.
Moving? If you are moving, you can update your address while you are changing your name or through the mail. Coordinate doing this to fit your needs, but note that there will be many other companies to update of your address change. See our moving links below in Step 4.
Note that New Hampshire requires you do this within 10 days of the move.
4. New Hampshire Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
New Hampshire Voter Registration Name Change
Get your Voter Registration name change information. You may be able to do it online!