The Connecticut name change process:
- Get your Connecticut proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the Connecticut DPS for your Connecticut driver’s license name change;
- You may update your Connecticut voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update Connecticut banks, Connecticut utilities, and others here.
Try our Connecticut Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the Connecticut name change process:
1. Connecticut Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
Connecticut Marriage Certificate, Connecticut Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
To get an Connecticut marriage certificate, divorce decree or birth certificate:
3. Connecticut Driver’s License Name Change
Connecticut Driver’s License Name Change
To change your name on your Connecticut driver’s license complete Form E-78 and bring your (1) current Connecticut driver’s license or ID card; (2) official certified or original Connecticut proof of legal name change; and (3) the $30 fee.
Note that in Connecticut you may also be able to change your name at a local AAA office.
DMV Offices accept Cash, Money Orders, Checks, Credit Cards (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) and most MC and Visa debit cards.
AAA only accepts Cash, Money Orders and personal checks.
Connecticut Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Connecticut does not require you to update your vehicle’s title. You must, however, update your vehicle’s registration. To do so, please bring a completed FORM H-13 and FORM B-301 as well as your (1) Connecticut insurance ID card; (2) CT certified proof of name change; (3) your current registration; and (4) your $20 registration fee.
4. Connecticut Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
Connecticut Voter Registration Name Change
You can change your name on your voter registration, or just register to vote in Connecticut online here.