The Nevada name change process:
- Get your Nevada proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the Nevada DPS for your Nevada driver’s license name change;
- You may update your Nevada voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update Nevada banks, Nevada utilities, and others here.
Try our Nevada Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the Nevada name change process:
1. Nevada Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
Nevada Marriage Certificate, Nevada Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
Nevada Birth Certificate
To obtain a birth certificate you may contact the Nevada Department of Health, Vital Records office. It will cost $20.00 per copy.
Mail in your required documents to the following address:
Office of Vital Records
4150 Technology Way, Suite 104
Carson City, NV 89706
You can send in a personal check or money order made out to the Office of Vital Records. Make certain to provide a copy of your GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID with the request.
Visit the Nevada Department of Health website here for further details or questions.
Certified copies of Nevada Marriage Certificates may be obtained through the county clerk’s office where your marriage license was issued.
For certified copies of a Nevada divorce certificate/decree, visit or contact the court clerk that issued the divorce and request a certified copy.
3. Nevada Driver’s License Name Change
Nevada Driver’s License Name Change
Make sure to update the Nevada DMV within 30 days of changing your name.
To do so, visit in person with the following:
- Your current Nevada driver’s license or ID card;
- A Nevada certified or original legal name change document; and
- Payment of the fee $8.25 ($9.25 for an ID card).
Nevada Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Don’t forget to also change your name on your vehicle’s title and registration while you’re at the DMV. Since you have to go in person in makes sense to get it all done at once.
Bring the same documents listed above along with:
- Your new driver’s license showing your new name;
- Auto Insurance Card showing your new name;
- Current Registration and Title;
- On the Title, you will need to transfer the vehicle’s title to your new name; and
- The fees will vary—approximately $30 for Title transfer and $21 for duplicate title and $6 for a standard vehicle registration.
Moving? If you are moving, you can update your address online, or handle it in person while you are changing your name. See our moving links below in Step 4.
Note that Nevada requires you do this within 30 days of the move.
- LOCATION AND APPOINTMENTS: http://www.dmvnv.com/locat.htm
- EVERYTHING HERE!
4. Nevada Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
Nevada Voter Registration Name Change
Get your Voter Registration name change information. You may be able to do it online!
SOURCES OF INFORMATION: