The Missouri name change process:
- Get your Missouri proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the Missouri DPS for your Missouri driver’s license name change;
- You may update your Missouri voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update Missouri banks, Missouri utilities, and others here.
Try our Missouri Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the Missouri name change process:
1. Missouri Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
Missouri Marriage Certificate, Missouri Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
Missouri Birth Certificate
To obtain a birth certificate you may contact the Missouri Department of Health, Vital Records office. It will cost $15.00 per copy.
Mail in your request form to the following address:
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Bureau of Vital Records
P.O. Box 570
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570
You can send in a personal check or money order made out to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Make certain to provide a copy of your GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID with the request.
Visit the Missouri Department of Health website here for further details, forms and information.
Certified copies of Missouri Marriage Certificates may be obtained through the county clerk’s office where your marriage license was issued.
For certified copies of a Missouri divorce certificate/decree, visit or contact the court clerk that issued the divorce and request a certified copy.
3. Missouri Driver’s License Name Change
Missouri Driver’s License Name Change
To change your name with the Missouri DMV visit in person with the following:
- your Missouri certified or original legal name change document; and
- payment of the $25 (for a driver’s license) or $11 (for an ID). See the Fees here.
- NOTE: you may need a few additional documents, some of the common ones include:
- Proof of Missouri residency (such as a utility bill or leasing agreement);
- Certified Birth Certificate; and your
- Be prepared to show your Social Security Card.
- A list of required Missouri documents are available here.
Missouri Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Don’t forget to also change your name on your vehicle’s title and registration while you’re at the DMV. Since you have to go in person in makes sense to get it all done at once.
Bring the same documents listed above along with:
- the completed Form DOR-108; and
- the fee will be $11.
Your registration will updated automatically once the title is changed. Make sure to go through your lienholder if you have one.
Moving? If you are moving, you can update your address in Missouri online, or handle it in person while you are changing your name. See our moving links below in Step 4.
4. Missouri Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
Missouri Voter Registration Name Change
Get your Voter Registration name change information. You may be able to do it online!