The Oklahoma name change process:
- Get your Oklahoma proof of name change document;
- Update the SSA;
- Visit the Oklahoma DPS for your Oklahoma driver’s license name change;
- You may update your Oklahoma voter registration, passport office (if traveling); IRS & USPS if moving; and last,
- Update Oklahoma banks, Oklahoma utilities, and others here.
Try our Oklahoma Name Change Online Tool for Free
Read about the Oklahoma name change process:
1. Oklahoma Legal Proof of Name Change Documents
Oklahoma Marriage Certificate, Oklahoma Divorce Certificates & Birth Certificates
Certified copies of Oklahoma Marriage Certificates cannot be obtained through the Department of Health’s vital records office. You must contact the county clerk’s office where your marriage license was issued to get one.
For certified copies of a Oklahoma divorce certificate/decree, visit or contact the court clerk that issued the divorce and request a certified copy.
North Dakota Birth Certificate
To obtain a birth certificate you may contact the North Dakota Department of Health, Vital Records office. It will cost $15.00 per copy and $4.00 for each additional copy.
Mail in your required documents to the following address:
Vital Records Service
State Department of Health
PO Box 53551
Oklahoma City, OK 73152
You can send in a personal check or money order made out to the OSDH. Make certain to provide a copy of your GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID with the request.
Visit the Oklahoma Department of Health website here for further details or questions.
3. Oklahoma Driver’s License Name Change
Oklahoma Driver’s License Name Change
Make sure to notify the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety of your name change within 10 days of the change.
You can do this by going in person with the following: (1) Oklahoma primary identification, such as your driver’s license or Oklahoma state ID card; (2) your Oklahoma certified copy or original legal name change document; and (3) the fee for a new license or ID card ($20).
Oklahoma Vehicle Title and Registration Name Change
Visit your local Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Department with the same documents to update your title and registration documents.
Also make sure to bring:
- your current title with the “Seller” and “Buyer” section filled out. Put your new name in the Buyer section. Make sure to have your odometer reading handy too. They sometimes request it depending on the age of the vehicle; and
- Fee of $17.
Note that if you are moving in North Dakota you need to update the DPS and MVD separately, so just do so with each visit. You can update your address with the DPS online here. [link]
4. Oklahoma Voter Registration Name Change, Passport Name Change and/or Address Changes
Oklahoma Voter Registration Name Change
Get your Voter Registration name change information. You may be able to do it online!