The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How NewLastName Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how NewLastName treats personal information that NewLastName collects and receives, including information related to your past use of NewLastName products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that NewLastName does not own or control, or to people that NewLastName does not employ or manage. In addition, some companies that NewLastName, its parent company, or any companies that it has acquired have their own, preexisting privacy policies which may be viewed on those specific websites.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
NewLastName collects personal information when you register with NewLastName, when you use NewLastName products or services, when you visit NewLastName pages or the pages of certain NewLastName partners, and when you enter a promotion, contest or sweepstakes. NewLastName may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. When you register with NewLastName and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. NewLastName automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP Address. NewLastName cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
NewLastName uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
NewLastName does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission. NewLastName does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
NewLastName does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with NewLastName under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help NewLastName communicate with you about offers from NewLastName and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- NewLastName displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- NewLastName does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- NewLastName advertisers may iinclude financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- NewLastName works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
NewLastName may set and access NewLastName cookies on your computer. NewLastName lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to NewLastName’s cookies. NewLastName may use web beacons to access NewLastName cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with NewLastName products and services.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
NewLastName may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your NewLastName account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please contact us at:
PO Box 302
Effective Date: April 27, 2011